Saturday, December 20, 2008

You thought you were bored, waiting for another post!


Just think of poor Pip, who hasn't been ridden since about October 5! The strangles are finally gone. Of course the final test came back negative, which really tells me nothing at all. Just that he hasn't tested positive for a virus he had. But more than that, I left town and country in November, and only just got back from Australia on Tuesday. It was great, thanks!

But while I was out carousing on the bottom of the world (tho it felt like the top of the world to me!) Pip was languishing in his pasture. Yeah, that's right, languishing. Nothing to do but chase other horses, run around, buck, fart and eat. Yeah, poor baby.

And when I took him out to groom him today, he let me know just how horrible it had been for him, bored out of his mind on 3 acres with 5 friends. It was like he was 7 months old again. No discipline on the lead, dancing around while I'm trying to get some of the crusty mud off, biting at me when I clean his hooves. It was a bit of a circus, til I laid down the law, and he apparently remembered that I was that lady who put the very cold thermometer in him, and would do it again if he didn't shape up!

Then it was smooth sailing. However, I think that we'll start the riding process with some longing and long lineing when I begin riding again Monday!

Stay tuned!
Next week I'll ride Pip, then tackle the new year's plan!
I don't resolve anymore, it's too depressing. Now I make a plan!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! Well good to know he's in good form at least. But definitely hold off on the riding until he is back to obedient...or else burst out the full body armor!

Pipkin said...

I know! I plan on working him in the paddock over christmas. I'll be out there til the first, after all!