Sunday, March 22, 2009

Relaxation


So today is all about the work that I need to do! Pip is doing well, we're solid on the trail, and I've begun working on arena stuff. Today I decided to ride a training level dressage test. Amanda was going to call it for me. Sadly I didn't bring my test! So I did my best to try to ride what I remembered. Which wasn't tons of things, however, I did most of the movements. Pip and I struggled a bit, mostly because he hadn't been ridden for 2 weeks, and also because the other horses (except Tango) were out in the back pasture, having fun. Tango was the sacrifice to Pip's sanity, just to keep things kind of normal.

Considering all that, Pip did pretty well. He was rushy, went toward the pasture quickly, went away slowly, and didn't listen great, but you know, it was about dinner time, he was the only horse not having a great time in the field, and I had had a 3 beer lunch a little before this. So while I was relaxed, I wasn't quite as accurate in my position as I would have liked. And of course this was the day I had my camera! So I included the best photos from the bunch. Sadly the delay on a digital camera meant there were lots of missed shots. But oh well!

I think he looks pretty dang good! We're getting more relaxation from him, and he's just dang cute in his dressage togs!

No comments: